GLP German Light Products Inc. is inviting applications for the position of Inventory/Warehouse Manager, at its San Fernando location, answering to the President of the company.
About the company
GLP US Inc. is a fast-growing subsidiary company of GLP GmbH, a German company specializing in the design and manufacture of LED entertainment lighting fixtures. Headquartered in San Fernando, California GLP US Inc. services its customer base across North and South America. The company is formed of a dynamic and fun group of people who enjoy working as a team in order to fulfill customer expectations. We offer competitive compensation packages in order to attract the best people in their field.
As the Inventory/Warehouse Manager you will be responsible for the overall accuracy of inventory coming into and flowing out of the warehouse, you will direct the execution of receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. This will include the efficient receipt, proper storage, and overall organization of the warehouse. This position requires exceptional organization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to cope under pressure in a calm and professional manner.
Working as part of a small, but dedicated team, the successful applicant will be self-motivated with a strong desire to do their best for our customers and colleagues.
Summary of essential job functions
- Responsible for import processes and freight from international suppliers.
- Liaise with inbound and outbound freight companies.
- Coordinate receiving of new stock, including data entry.
- Manage inventory control with warehouse staff with regular inventory checks.
- Ensure a well maintained, safe and organized warehouse, including all logistical operations.
- Execute logistical procedures according to company policy and external safety organization standards.
- Develop ongoing inventory control systems as needed to align with company growth.
- Ensure ongoing accurate stock control levels through cycle counts and full inventory checks.
- Assist other Departments when needed.
- Perform other qualified duties as required.
Minimum application requirements
- 5+ year of warehouse and logistics management experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Able to lead and hold others accountable.
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward team members, peers, and leaders.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to think quickly on the spot to answer guest questions.
- Able to manage workload and prioritize tasks independently.
- Able to learn and adapt to current technology needs, including basic computer skills.
- Able to interpret instructions, reports and information on computer screens and key information on a computer or other devices.
- Able to scan and handle all merchandise.
- Able to climb and descend ladders.
- Able to lift at least 60 lbs.
- Forklift Certified preferred, although training will be provided, if required.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety guidelines and practices, is a plus but not required.
- Salaried position at 40 hours per week.
- Medical benefits compensation available.
- Paid Vacation and federal holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this position:
In the first instance, please mail your resume with a cover letter explaining the reasons why you think you would be a good fit for this job to Human Resources at GLP US Inc., using one of the following methods;
Faxed for the attention of Human Resources: Inventory/Warehouse Manager to: